Several interactive designers, including Addison Kowalski, created 8-bit versions of their Twitter avatars. This went viral and Kowalski has now provided instructions for how to do this using Photoshop. We’ve also embedded Kowalski’s how-to video below.
Instructions for creating 8-Bit Avatar using Photoshop
1. Open Photoshop.
2. Press Command + K for “Preferences.”
3. Select “Guides, Grids and Slices” and enter “Every 50 pixels” for “Gridline” and “5″ for “Subdivisions.”
4. Create a new document 100 px by 100 px.
5. Use “Option + Delete” to fill in the background.
6. Use the Shape tool to make a 4 X 4 square for a face.
7. Use the same tool to draw in hair, neck shading, etc.
8. Click on “Filter,” “Add Noise” and set noise to 1%, “Gaussian” and “Monochromatic.”
9. Use the Burn tool and artistic license for the rest.
Tagsbacon Batman Bikini Booty Breast News Carrie Prejean Comic Con cosplay Cute Girls in Batman Shirts Cute Girls in Jerseys Darth Vader Food Football Girls in Sexy Sports Jerseys Holidays Hot Girls of Comic-Con humor Jerseys Katy Perry Kim Kardashian Large Breasts Lindsay Lohan Lingerie Lovey Dovey NFL Panties Reality Television Rihanna Sexy Sexy Alien Girls sexy nfl jersey smoking Space Invaders Splitsville Star Trek Star Wars Superman supermodels TV News Underwear video Video Games Wedding Bells Whoring for Dollars Wonder Woman